Haemodialysis is method to treat end-stage kidney failure and help patients to continue to live an active life. This treatment uses a dialysis machine to clean the blood and remove waste products such as potassium and urea, as well as excess water from the blood.
Generally, patients with end-stage kidney failure receive haemodialysis treatment 3 times per week.
To date, Sau Seng Lum operates with a total of 100 units of dialysis machines and caters to about 200 patients who require 12 to 13 treatments per month. As we are affiliated with the Nephrology Department of University Malaya Medical Centre, our patients are also tended by the visiting Nephrologists.
- To provide quality and professional haemodialysis treatment to the poor dialysis patients regardless of race, creed and religion.
- To subsidize medical fees to lessen poor dialysis patient’s financial burden.
- To provide educational allowance to patient’s children.
- To subsidize kidney transplant cost at local government hospitals.
- To help dialysis patients in rebuilding their confidence in life.
- To increase patient’s understanding of the kidney disease and enhance patient’s health and quality of life.
- To promote public awareness on the importance of “Prevention is better than cure”.
Our ISO 9001:2015 certified centres also provide various support to patients including:
Assist in obtaining government subsidies or SOCSO funding.