In Malaysia, the number of individuals suffering from kidney and stroke illness is increasing every year and these individuals are affected with these diseases at a much younger age.
An average of 3000 new kidney failure patients every year but only 10% of the non-government servants are able to seek treatment at government hospitals, whilst the majority of patients have to seek treatment at private hospitals or wait anxiously for their turn at the door steps of charitable dialysis centres.
Stroke is the third largest cause of death in our country. An average of 6 people suffers from stroke every hour, which means an average of 2 out of 1000 or a total of 52000 people is suffering from stroke in a year.
- To build a loving and caring society.
- To provide support and treatment to poor and needy patients.
- To provide a long term welfare scheme to lessen patient’s financial burden.
- To provide educational allowance for the patient’s children.
- To provide health screening and to promote public awareness on the importance of "Prevention is better than cure".
Help us save lives and lessen the burden of those in need. Sign up for a Loving Charity Card to help us accomplish our mission and at the same time enjoy the following privileges:
- Enjoy discount at the Sau Seng Lum Souvenir Shop for selected items (only applicable for consecutive 3 years of active membership).
- Enjoy discount for selected medical services at Sau Seng Lum.
- Enjoy discount and promotions from selected vegetarian restaurants, organic food shops, book shops, beauty salons, hair salons, bakeries and etc.
- RM5 per month (or RM60 for annual membership)
- Life membership at RM3000
- Loving Charity Card for companies are also available with sponsorship of RM1000 and above.